a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint;
relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings.
“the Christian Church”
a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.
Going to church every sunday does not make you a christian. neither does watching preachers on tv every day. if you talk the talk but do not walk the walk, then you are on the wrong path.
it isnt about going to an altar and asking for a golden ticket, and it isnt about jumping up and down and running around the pews and shouting gibberish to impress the others.
if you put your hand on the bible to take an oath and you hate your neighbor you are a hypocrite. if you hate another because of the color of their skin or their gender or their political views… if you hate someone because of the length of their hair or because they like the type of music you dont… if you hate someone for being jewish or muslim or catholic or protestant or baptist or holiness or methodist or a boy or a girl or a democrat or a republican, then you are not walking the walk and you need to get right with God…
dont be a hypocrite. dont judge others… you not only make yourself look bad… you make the religion you claim to cleave to look bad too……
Food for thought. Love thy neighbor. Dont hate.
God is Love. Love and hate are polar opposites; you cannot have God in your heart if it is filled with hate.
I hope i have not struck a nerve but if i have you need to talk to the Father right away.
Reading your bible wont get you through the gate and neither will a one time prayer. you have to walk the walk and stay on the straight and narrow path. there are no shortcuts or golden tickets to heaven.
Have a blessed week and talk to your heavenly Father each day.
the dawn of a new day is coming
the light is rising into the sky
follow the light
it will lead you out of darkness
and into a bright new day out of the night.
while i have been unable to find a census for archibald nichols and family in 1850, there was a farm census that shows that he was probably still in bedford va. then and after that he just basically disappeared from bedford.
apparently arch went to wv to stay with his daughter martha by 1860 and that is where his death certificate turns up. filled out by his soninlaw stephen morris of wv. meaning that he moved to west virginia with his daughter about or before 1860 and that is where he was laid to rest.
archibald was the son of john and martha payne nichols and the husband of judith hatcher. did he remarry after his wife died in 1819? i dont think so.
though there are rumors that he married polly updike or updyke in january of 1819 his wife did not die until april of that year and so i think not. there were rumors that he married martha jane basham but as i disclosed in an earlier post she married another archibald nichols who was born decades later.
it is more likely that he lived out his life in bedford county and died a widower. at this point that is the way it looks at least. arch served in the revolution and was a sergeant in the military before he retired but he was born in maryland where his family lived before the war.
the only evidence at this point that he died in west va. is the name of his son in law on his death record. meanwhile his son john was married and living in bedford in eighteen sixty. maybe he was living on archs land at the time… another piece of the puzzle that is my family tree that needs to be found….
Ralph is the 16th great grandfather of Ray
1. Ray is the son of [private father] [confident]
2. [Private] is the son of May Catherine (Collins) Nichols [confident]
3. Mamie is the daughter of Martha Callie (Bartlett) Collins [unknown confidence]
4. Martha is the daughter of George Riley Bartlett [confident]
5. George is the son of Leroy Garner Bartlett [confident]
6. Leroy is the son of William Judson Bartlett [confident]
7. William is the son of Gardner Bartlett [confident]
8. Garner is the son of William Bartlett Jr. [confident]
9. William is the son of William -The Carpenter- (Bartlett) Berkeley Sr. [confident]
10. William is the son of Margaret (Brent) Bartlett [confident]
11. Margaret is the daughter of Richard Brent II [unknown confidence]
12. Richard is the son of Elizabeth (Reade) Brent [unknown confidence]
13. Elizabeth is the daughter of Katherine (Greville) Reade [confident]
14. Katherine is the daughter of Fulke Greville MP [unknown confidence]
15. Fulke is the son of Anne Denton [unknown confidence]
16. Anne is the daughter of Isabel (Brome) Denton [unknown confidence]
17. Isabel is the daughter of Beatrix (Shirley) Brome [unknown confidence]
18. Beatrice is the daughter of Ralph Shirley [confident]
This makes Ralph the 16th great grandfather of Ray.